Saturday, May 26, 2012

taco night

Tonight for supper I made turkey tacos inspired by the turkey mustard burger from here. The tacos themselves were inspired by a recent lunch I had outside our local Whole Foods - they had grilled salmon tacos with asian slaw. Yum. But as neither of my men like fish, I did turkey instead. But I did want to try an asian slaw at home. I had a bag of broccoli slaw and I made an asian vinaigrette based on a recipe from on of my favorite cookbooks, Rebar Modern Food Cookbook. It was delicious.

Asian Vinaigrette (adapted from a recipe from the Rebar Modern Food Cookbook)
2 tsp chopped ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c mixed lemon and lime juice (I didn't have enough limes for 1/4 c)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
1/2 tsp thai chili sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 c canola oil

Add the ingredients together in a jar, cover and shake well. Refrigerate any leftovers.

No comments: