Saturday, January 7, 2012

green potatoes and ham



Green potatoes and ham is what I came up with for dinner last night. And apologies to Dr. Sueuss for the name, which came to me while I mixed everything up. Friday night supper is always a bit of a minefield as the end of the week usually finds me tired and not inspired to cook and on the night prior to our weekly shop, somewhat lacking in ingredients or imagination. So faced with making a dinner out of some leftover ham, a couple of leeks, some mushrooms and a bag of spinach, I did this. If I'd had the time, it would have been stuffed baked potatoes but I was hungry. So I boiled the potatoes, made a spinach pesto just using spinach, a bit of minced garlic and enough olive oil to whiz the spinach into a pesto.




While the potatoes drained, I sauted the mushrooms and leeks until tender, add the ham and potatoes.




Then I mashed the potatoes into the vegetables and mixed in the spinach pesto and a bit of sour cream to blend. And recalling this recipe, added a dollop of dijon mustard and parmesan cheese. Dinner done. And it was good. And gave my guys time after dinner to complete the lego destroyer they were working on.

No comments: