Wednesday, September 21, 2011

so exciting

It's been a crazy busy month around here at mummy dinosaur what with our boy starting Kindergarden and me becoming a school mum. The forms alone are a killer. (and I can hear all those experienced school mums snickering). In addition in a mad moment I volunteered to be team manager for our boy's soccer team - guess what - more forms. And uniform pick-ups and hand-outs, raffle tickets to organize and snack schedules to create, etc. All amidst a very busy time at work. And of course, when life is busy what do I do - give myself even more to do but that's for another post. So into my crazy September life came a little sunshine yesterday. This wonderful book. Weekend Handmade by Kelly Wilkinson.

If you don't know Kelly, well let me tell you about her. She has a wonderful blog over at makegrowgather.com and makes all manner of wonderful things - things to eat and drink, things to wear, things for kids to play with and things to decorate your house with. And she has put lots of those things and instructions on how to make them, in this book. In the interests of fairness, I should say that I am very lucky to be vaguely related by marriage to Kelly and her wonderful sisters. She is as amazing in person as she comes across in her book - so if you are at all feeling like you should craft something, pick up this book and start crafting. I'm just trying to decide what to make first. With the rain falling tonight and the gorgeous pictures I'm feeling lots of love towards the felted flower cowl in the make section.

1 comment:

kelly said...

aw, thanks so much for the love, charlotte! xo