Sunday, September 5, 2010

more peach goodness

Before my sister-in-law told me she would bring a galette to lunch on Saturday, I thought I would make a ginger peach crumble. I bought peaches. So I made it late last night.

This morning, after waking at the crack of dawn (6:30AM) and not being able to go back to sleep, I got up and read for a bit. By 7, I was joined by a bouncy boy so our day began. By 7:30 (AM!) I wanted nothing more than to crawl back into my bed and sleep for 2 or 3 hours (days) but D was at work and T was wanting to play trucks, build a lego airport, etc so I had a bowl of peach crumble instead.


With a cup of tea.

Ginger Peach Crumble
5 ripe peaches, sliced
2 tbsp corn starch
dash of cinnamon
1/4 c sugar

Combine the peaches, corn starch, cinnamon and sugar together and pour into a greased baking dish.

3/4 c ginger snaps
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c flour
2 tbsp butter

Process the ginger snaps in a food processor until they are crumbs. Mix in the sugar and flour and then pulse the butter into the mix until well blended. Pour over the peaches and pack into a crust. Bake at 350 deg F for 40 minutes until bubbly.

At one point this morning, T got a hold of my camera and when I downloaded the pictures, I had a lot of pictures of his trucks - well, pieces of his trucks - like this -


I don't think I'll scrapbook these ones!

No comments: