Monday, August 2, 2010

summer hash with sausage

Here were most of tonight's supper ingredients -



The potatoes, zucchini, basil and beans were from the garden, the corn and peppers from the vegetable stand, the cheese was from the market yesterday and the sausage, mushrooms, shallots and olive oil were from the store. Together they melded into a plate full of yummy.

I cut the potatoes in quarters or halves if they were small, added 1 chopped red pepper, 2 quartered shallots, 3 mild Italian sausages, casings removed and chopped, a handful of mushrooms, quartered, cut the 3 small zucchini into chunks and dumped the whole lot into a 9x13 casserole dish. I added ~ 3 tbsp olive oil and mixed. I put the dish into a 375 deg F oven and roasted for about 20 minutes. Then I added a couple of beans, thinly sliced and the kernels cut from 2 ears of corn and stirred that into the mix. I let the mix roast for another 20 minutes until the potatoes were done. Out of the oven I added a big handful of basil, which had been thinly sliced and ~ 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (sharp). Dinner was served.




No comments: