Thursday, August 5, 2010

summer hash with sausage version 2

It was muggy and hot today. We spent the afternoon in front of the aquatic center - T and his pal ran around and in the fountain for hours - racing cars in the water and splashing each other and generally having a wet blast.

I've been feeling hot and itchy and out of sorts all day - I don't do heat well. So what did I do for supper? Turned the oven on - crazy I know. I had eggplant, tomatoes and peppers in the fridge so I made another saute.

a handful of new potatoes quartered
3 peppers, orange and red, cut into a largish dice
2 shallots, quartered
1 very large garlic clove, sliced
2 eggplant, diced
6 campari tomatoes, diced
2 mild italian sausages, diced (casings removed)
3 tbsp olive oil

Put the whole pile of vegetables and sausage into a 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle the oil over the top. Mix and pop into a hot (400 deg F) oven for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Stir in 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese and 1/2 c slivered basil. Serve.


The one was just as delicious as the first. I served it with a large green salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta. With cherries for dessert. So I'm still hot, but full of lovely food.

No comments: