Sunday, July 11, 2010

cheddar zucchini fritters

My sister-in-law recently gave me a stack of magazines to peruse (have I mentioned she's the best!) and in the recipes I found this one.


I made the recipe as written, except I did what I do always with grated zucchini (having had mushy fritters in the past), I put the grated zucchini in a dish towel (clean!) and wrung it out really well to get as much moisture out of the zucchini as possible. I find this works much better than blotting with paper towel. I used locally made cheddar cheese and these were delicious. The recipe says it makes 12 1/4 cup fritters but I only got 8 plus a little baby one. This was a delicious supper served with portobello mushrooms and green beans sauted in butter and balsamic vinegar with some local feta cheese tossed in. Don't forget the sauce for the fritters in the recipe - it sets them off really well. And with yogurt added, makes a great salad dressing or sandwich spread.

No comments: