Saturday, June 5, 2010

easy(ish) polenta fries

Since I discovered a make at home polenta, I've not been so keen on polenta in tubes. I had a tube of organic sundried tomato polenta sitting in my fridge and came across a recipe for polenta fries. It was certainly an easy recipe to do.

Cut the polenta tube in half and cut each half into eight wedges. Pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil onto a baking sheet and coat each wedge in the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper



and bake for about 40 minutes at 375 deg F (my oven runs hot) until brown and crispy on the edges.



The recipe called for a sprinkle of oregano prior to serving which I skipped because of the sundried tomato in the polenta. I served ours for supper with sausages. D liked them, I was a bit iffy. I've seen other recipes for polenta fries and might try this one another time.

No comments: