Monday, May 17, 2010

strawberry applesauce

When T was a baby, I used to make some of his food. I even had a book of first foods to make for babies. First the individual steamed and mashed carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, etc and then the mixes with great names (potato, pea, brocoli). I even used to make tiny containers of lamb and vegetable curry. Back in the day when my baby ate everything except bananas. Now my boy is a bit more discriminating about what he chooses to eat. He loves applesauce but for whatever reason, I stopped making it myself and have been buying the little pots for his lunches. It took this post to remind me to start making my own again. So yesterday morning I peeled some apples


and hulled some strawberries,

steamed them together in a tiny bit of water and a tiny smidge of sugar (to sweeten up the non-local strawberries) with a touch of cinnamon and vanilla. Once fork tender, I whizzed the fruit in the food processor until smoothish. And voila.


Strawberry applesauce. My boy has turned up his nose at it (don't want it, don't like it - without tasting it, of course, grrrr) but my man loves it.

No comments: