Sunday, May 16, 2010

baking bread


So Tuesday night, in between making quinoa pilaf and cabbage gratin I made a loaf of oatmeal spelt bread (above, pictured in the background) using the base white bread recipe from America's Test Kitchen Home Collection. I mix it up using my stand mixer (love it) and let the dough rise in the bowl as suggested by a friend. I love this idea as you can punch the dough down using the dough hook and you don't end up with another bowl to wash! Admittedly my loaves aren't pretty but they are tasty.

I also whipped up a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip toffee muffins. Then I collapsed and haven't cooked or baked since. Just kidding!

Also in the picture are bluebells and lily-of-the-valley from my sister-in-law for mother's day. Isn't she lovely! I love lily-of-the-valley. They remind my of my mum, who loved them. When we lived in Germany, Dad used to gather them for her and bring them home in his hat. Probably not the proper use of a uniform hat (Dad was a Flight Lieutenant in the Air Force).

No comments: