Sunday, March 7, 2010

roasted cauliflower tart

Deb over at smittenkitchen.com posted a recipe for roasted cauliflower tart a couple of weeks ago and made it sound so delicious I had to make it. So I roasted the cauliflower and carmelized the onion.
I even made the pastry according to her recipe and it worked this time (last time I made it for a quiche and it didn't really form into a dough in the food processor so I pressed the crumbs into the pie plate until they turned into dough - totally my issue as I'm pastry phobic - and am always afraid to handle it because I don't want to make a tough pastry). This is the pastry brushed with dijon mustard.


Sprinkle the onions over the mustard pastry and add the cauliflower.


I made the custard with ricotta and sour cream rather than the marscapone called for in the recipe as I've never been able to find marscapone in my grocery store (probably operator error as in I'm looking in the wrong cheese area). Then I popped it into the oven and let the smell of cheesy goodness fill the house.

Note - I didn't use either the truffle oil or the truffle salt called for in the recipe and it was still yummy!


No comments: