Sunday, March 7, 2010

crumbles


I've been trying to use things from the freezer lately, mainly as D and everyone else thinks I have too much food in my freezer! So I've excavated down to last summer's fruit and have been making crumbles. (Side note: they are yummy for breakfast!)


First up was this pear crumble. The fruit was three pears peeled, cored and sliced, with 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tbsp flour and a squeeze of lemon juice. The crumble topping was made with 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1/4 c flour and 2 tbsp butter all processed together. The crumble mix was poured over the pears in a greased baking dish and baked for 45 minutes at 350 deg F.

Then about a week later I made a mixed fruit crumble. The fruit was blackberries, white peaches and nectarines mixed with ~ 1 c sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 2 tbsp flour and a squeeze of lemon juice. For the crumble topping I ground up ~ 10 cinnamon spice cookies (ginger snaps are great also) plus 1/4 oats and 1/4 c bronw sugar and 2 tbsp butter all processed together. The fruit is poured into a greased baking dish and covered with the crumble mix and baked at 350 deg F for ~ 45 minutes.

And then for a change of pace, I made a lemon yogurt cake.




No comments: