Saturday, January 30, 2010

soup day

I feel a bit of a cold coming on. So in addition to swallowing lots of capsules in the hopes of shifting it, I made soup. (Well, I've also been feeling guilty because I haven't made a Christmas gift I promised my sister-in-law). So I defrosted a huge bag of roasted pumpkin from the freezer and pureed it and made soup.

Harvest Soup (adapted from The Canadian Living Cookbook)
1 small onion, diced
2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 tbsp butter
3 cups roasted squash or pumpkin puree
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup cream
Seasonings (salt, pepper, thai chili sauce)
Add the butter, onion and apple to a medium hot pan and saute until the onion and apple are soft but not browned.
Add the squash
and the broth, bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. Puree the soup using an immersion blender until smooth. Add the cream and season to taste.


Soup's up!

No comments: