Wednesday, November 25, 2009

roller coaster artist

This month, the children are learning about artists at T’s preschool. So yesterday, T 's response to “what did you do at school today” was to tell me he painted under the table. Hmmm. So I asked him to show me what he meant. He promptly lay down on his back on the floor and reached his arms in the air and waved them around (simulating the painting bit.)


“Which artist were you learning about?” I asked.
“Mickeangelo” came his answer.
“Was there paper on the bottom of the table?”, I said, just wanting clarification that he wasn’t painting on the actual table.
“Yup”.
“What did you paint?”
“Roller coaster!”
Of course, almost every painting T has done lately is a roller coaster.
He wants to ride on one. I don’t know where this comes from – as far as I know he’s never been near a roller coaster and hasn’t even seen video of one.
But they are easy for a 3 year old to paint, lot of loops!

(this one is apparently in the style of Emily Carr)

No comments: